Monday 30 April 2018

Craft, cook, dance, sing and laugh!

Craft, cook, dance, sing and laugh!

Yeah, I mean it; if you do what you like, you will be happy. Not rocket science. I often came home from work feeling exhausted and wanting only one thing: shut the outside world out and put my feet up with a cup of steaming tea. However great that might sound, it's not always possible. We all have responsibilities and chores to do. I decided anyway, no matter how tired I might feel, my 'putting my feet up after work' time would not exceed a half hour. I get on with doing things and not just chores but playing Legos with my daughter, trying out a new bake, crafting something or listening to music and dancing to it. It is working in making me feel loads better. I don't feel as exhausted because I am happy to be self motivating myself to doing the activities I enjoy, if only I begin them and don't fall into a slumber. 
Here is an Easter basket I made out of old magazine pages. Paper crafting is a great way to recycle old magazines, which are usually colourful and bright.

Easter weaved paper basket


It is presently nearly 11 pm a2nd I 2have just taken out a batch of rolls from the oven (and have also eaten 2 already with butter!). Justine will have them for breakfast and I am guessing she won't have hers with butter or any other spread. To be fair, those rolls are delicious as they are. 



Soft pillowy rolls

These rolls are easy to make, hardly any kneading required and they bake for 20 minutes. However, it must be said that they need double rising; the time can be well spent painting your nails or doing your hair or even watching an episode of your favourite series on Netflix or Amazon Prime videos. Alternatively, if you have children, you could end up being Mia or Stephanie in a Lego session😉. They are worth it though. So delicious! I hope the Pioneer Woman won't mind that I reveal that the recipe is from her website. I absolutely love her show and her recipes. Please visit her website and try out the delicious recipes. It's no nonsense meals that are hearty, scrumptious and family-friendly. 
Anyway, time to dash, to read my book before some shut-eye. Have a good day, morning, afternoon, evening or night, wherever you may be. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment