Friday 6 September 2013

Not for those who are on a calorie-controlled diet;)

I can't stop cooking and baking. Now I took up my crochet hook again too. Looks like something good came into my life and motivated me more than ever! Not that I have ever been bored in my entire life. Anyway, enough chit chat. You probably liked the recipes I posted last time and are coming for more!;) If you are on a diet, go easy on them but, hey, what's life without occasional indulgence really! lol. OK if mum reads that, mum hope you remember what 'lol' means (I told you last time when we were chatting but if you forgot, no matter, I will remind you).

Now to the recipe(s)...I thought I would include something very easy that can be ready in under 15 minutes. Quick dinner, healthy and scrumptious; what more can someone want! Today the recipe is Prawns with vegetables and Shitake mushrooms. You will need:
  • Vegetable oil (2 turns)
  • A teaspoon of butter
  • Prawns (about a good handful)
  • A handful of green runner beans cut in pieces
  • Shitake mushrooms (about 6, sliced)
  • Soy sauce
  • Lemon juice, about 2 tablespoons (preferably fresh)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Garlic (2 cloves minced) and a small piece of ginger (grated or minced)

Put together the ingredients and let them work their magic! Heat up a frying pan and add the butter and the oil. The oil will make sure the butter does not brown and burn. Add the prawns and half of the garlic and ginger. Fry just for 3 mins maximum on medium heat. Then remove the prawns from the pan and add to it the beans and the rest of the garlic and ginger; saute those for about 3 mins then add the mushrooms and soy sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Keep sauteing until the mushrooms are cooked and the beans somewhat softened. If the sauce is too thick of you can hardly notice any liquid in the pan, add a little bit of water and as soon as it comes to the boil, take the pan off the heat. This is best enjoyed with plain boiled rice but is just as nice with plain boiled noodles (type of your choice). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment